I'm running tasks on Heroku Scheduler but I don't know how to change the dyno plan used to run the tasks.
Heroku Scheduler spins one-off dynos to run your scheduled jobs. For one-off dynos-
- Apps using free or hobby dynos will use the same plan for one-off dynos as well.
- Apps using Professional Dynos (Standard and Performance) will let you choose any of the Professional plans for one-off dynos.
More information here: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/one-off-dynos#one-off-dyno-type.
For apps using Professional dynos, Heroku Scheduler will default to Standard-1X dynos. You can override this from the Heroku Scheduler dashboard.
Follow the steps below to change the plan:
- Click on the Heroku Scheduler Add-on from the Resources tab on the Dashboard or run the command
heroku addons:open schedulerfrom the CLI.
- Click edit on your scheduled job (usually indicated with a pencil).
- Under Run Command, look for a dropdown that allows you to select the dyno plan.
- Save Job