I'm running tasks on Heroku Scheduler but I don't know how to change the dyno plan used to run the tasks.
Heroku Scheduler spins one-off dynos to run your scheduled jobs. For one-off dynos-
- Apps using free, eco, or hobby dynos will use the same plan for one-off dynos as well.
- Apps using Professional Dynos (Standard and Performance) will let you choose any of the Professional plans for one-off dynos.
More information here: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/one-off-dynos#one-off-dyno-type.
For apps using Professional dynos, Heroku Scheduler will default to Standard-1X dynos. You can override this from the Heroku Scheduler dashboard.
Follow the steps below to change the plan:
- Click on the Heroku Scheduler Add-on from the Resources tab on the Dashboard or run the command
heroku addons:open schedulerfrom the CLI.
- Click edit on your scheduled job (usually indicated with a pencil).
- Under Run Command, look for a dropdown that allows you to select the dyno plan.
- Save Job
WARNING: Starting November 28, 2022, free Heroku Dynos, free Heroku Postgres, and free Heroku Data for Redis plans will no longer be available. If you have apps using any of these resources, you must upgrade to paid plans by this date to ensure your apps continue to run and retain your data. Heroku Connect and Heroku Scheduler free plans and other third-party add-ons are not affected. Eligible students can apply for platform credits through our new Heroku for GitHub Students program. See our blog and FAQ for more info.