To sign up for the student program:
- Sign up for a free Heroku Developer account. If you already have an account, log in with your Heroku credentials.
- Submit an application at https://heroku.com/github-students/signup, which prompts you to verify your Github Student status with your academic email address. Only current registrants at qualifying institutions will be approved.
- If the domain is questionable, or the school doesn't provide an academic email, Github requires supporting documentation of current student status. Examples include a dated student ID or course registration for the current semester.
- After your student status validates, upgrade your Heroku user by verifying your billing information on the platform and supplying a credit card.
- After submitting your billing and credit card information, your student credits are applied monthly per the program terms ($13/mo for 12 months).
For more info about the program, see our announcement in the blog.