While updating the card on file or verifying your Heroku account for the first time, you received the following error: Unable to verify your card. Please try later or contact your financial institution for help.
If you're experiencing an issue attempting to add a credit card to your Heroku account, we recommend the following to help troubleshoot the issue:
- Contact your bank and/or credit card provider to provide more insight into what might be causing you to not add the card to your account
- Check to see if you're entering the card number and/or expiration date correctly
- Double check the CVV
- Amex cardholders: please use the 4 digit CVV on the front of your card
- Confirm with your bank that you're entering the correct billing address for the card that matches your banking statement exactly
- You can also attempt the verification with another credit card if you're not able to use your primary purchasing card.
When cards are not accepted, Heroku does not have access to what caused this to occur. We do understand that this can be a frustrating experience. However, in order to protect the privacy of all cardholders, we only receive a generic "Decline" message from the payment processor.
Prepaid card verifications
If you are using a prepaid card with Heroku, we recommend the following resource if you're encountering verification issues:
India issued credit card verifications
Effective October 1, 2021, new Reserve Bank of India (RBI) regulations state that no automatic recurring payments may be processed using India-issued credit cards without an additional factor of authentication (AFA).
Because of these new regulations, Heroku is currently unable to verify and process payments with India-issued credit cards for Heroku Online customers. Enterprise India-based customers are not impacted.