You need to remove your credit card information from your Personal Heroku account.
In certain situations, you may need to remove a credit card from a Personal Heroku account. If your account has provisioned resources that require a credit card, you must remove these resources before your card can be removed.
Removing a credit card will result in the following actions:
- If you have any unpaid invoices in your Personal Heroku account, these will be charged immediately against the current credit card on file before removal.
- If the payment(s) for currently past due invoices fails, you will not be able to remove your card.
- If the payment(s) is successful, you will be able to remove your card and will receive a warning message that will inform you that you cannot add another card or re-verify your account for up to 30 days.
- Your account will be immediately unverified.
If you are unfamiliar with how account verification operates with Heroku, we recommend the following resources:
Change credit card
If you need to change the card on file, then that, use the Update Credit Card option instead of Remove Credit Card in the Billing view in your Personal Dashboard.
Removing credit card from Heroku Teams
It is not possible to remove a credit card from a Heroku Teams in the same way a credit card is removed from a Personal account. To help alleviate this, we recommend the following:
- Downgrade all paid services to decrease billing
- Delete the Heroku Team to remove personal information from Heroku