You wish to close your personal Heroku account, which is not a Heroku Team.
In order to close your Personal Heroku account, you'll be required to ensure the following steps have been completed before you're allowed to delete your account:
- Deleting Applications: All applications must be deleted
- Past Due Invoices: Your previous month's invoices must all be paid in full
Either of the two following steps must be completed:
- Remove Credit Card: You've removed your credit card from your Personal Heroku account and expedited the remaining charges.
- Ongoing Charges: Your current month's charges have been expedited, with the help of the Heroku Billing Support Team OR
Please note, closing a Personal account will not close a Heroku Team. Closing a Heroku Team is a separate process, and should be done first if the objective is to close both your Heroku Team(s) and Personal account.
Deleting applications/ongoing charges
If your applications are using paid resources, the invoice for the current month is still accruing charges. You are required to pay your current month's charges in full before account deletion.
- You've accrued $10 in usage for the month of July.
- In that same month, you'd like to delete your Personal Heroku account
- You're required to pay for the usage you accrued during the month of July before account deletion in the amount of $10
We recommend to delete all of your current applications in your Personal account or transfer them to another Team or Personal account. Transferring applications is a great option if you'd like to ensure that the applications will continue to run under another Personal or Heroku Team, while you offboard from the platform.
Remove credit card
If you've paid your invoices in full, you can use the Remove Credit Card feature on the Billing Page to expedite your final payment. Removing your credit card will expedite the final charges associated with your account. Only select the option to remove your credit card if you are attempting to close your account, as removing the card immediately unverifies your Heroku account.
To change your credit card, please refer to the following resource:
Past due invoices
All invoices for the previous month's usage must be paid in full before your Personal account can be closed. To learn where invoices can be located for Personal accounts, we recommend the following article under the section header "Invoices for personal accounts:"
If any of your previous month's invoices have declined payments, you'll see a Pay Now option to the right of the month and amount under your invoice view in your account. Please pay your past due invoices before attempting to delete your Personal account.
Direct link to Personal account Billing page:
Download Previous Invoices
Before you close your Personal Heroku account, we recommend downloading your invoices. After account deletion, you will not be able to access invoices for your Personal account.
Closing your account
To close your Personal Heroku account, please follow the steps below:
- Select your Avatar in the upper-right hand corner
- Chose the option Account Settings
- Select **Close this account..."
- Warning: Closing your account is irreversible.