Heroku is introducing a set of new low-cost dyno and data plans:
- Eco Dynos Plan: $5 for 1000 dyno hours/month, shared across all Eco dynos in your account. Eco dynos sleep after a period of inactivity and don't consume dyno hours while sleeping.
- Mini Heroku Postgres Plan: 10,000 rows of storage for $5/month
- Mini Heroku Data for Redis Plan: 25 MB for $3/month
In addition to these new plans, we will also be renaming Hobby dynos and Hobby-Dev databases to Basic.
See our blog post announcement for more info.
I'm an Enterprise customer. Do I need to take any action?
No changes are required from Enterprise customers. All updates will be automatically applied with no cost changes to your current contract. Discuss with your AE during the next cycle and work together on any adjustments going forward.
I've already migrated to Hobby dynos, Hobby Basic Postgres, and Premium Redis. Can I downgrade?
Yes, you can downgrade plans to the new plans.
- How can I minimize my costs on Heroku
- How do Eco dyno hours work?
- What happens if I cancel my Eco dyno plan any time during the month? Do I lose my pool of dyno hours?
- I'm not an Enterprise user and didn't opt into the new plans. What happens to my applications and data after November 28, 2022?
- I'm an Enterprise user and didn't upgrade to the new data plans. What happens to my data after November 28, 2022?
- What happens if I opt into the new Eco or Mini plans? When will I be billed?
- Can I use the new Eco dynos with my team or Enterprise account?
- Can I use the new Mini data plans with my team or Enterprise account?
- What happens if I run out of dyno hours? Can I buy more?
- Does dyno sleeping/idling count against my 1,000 dyno hours?
- Will Eco dynos be the default for CI starting Nov 28, 2022?
- Will Eco dynos be the default for Review Apps starting Nov 28, 2022?
- Will Eco dynos, Mini Heroku Postgres, and Mini Heroku Data for Redis be the default for Heroku Buttons starting Nov 28, 2022?
- Will I be charged for my builds?
- Can Eco dynos be used with the Heroku Scheduler?
- Will upgrading my database to the Postgres Mini plan result in downtime?
- Do I have to change my Hobby dynos and Hobby-Basic Postgres to the Basic plans?
- When should I update my app.json files?
- Removal of Heroku free plans FAQs